FEATURE DOCUMENTARY COMPETITION.
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES & ELIGIBILITY
- Open to African American documentary filmmakers and others interested in exploring non-fiction stories and themes that speak directly to the African-American experience.
- Filmmakers must complete and submit the official entry form, downloadable from www.abffventures.com/films, along with the following two items which complete a single “proposal.”
- a 1-3 page documentary feature film treatment (.pdf file). Written treatments are to clearly articulate the narrative and creative ambition of the documentary.
- a 2-5 minute “proof of concept reel” (in the form of a standard digital video file, protected by a password). The reel must clearly demonstrate the proposed feature documentary in any manner the applicant feels is relevant. Proof of concept reel may include original or 3rd party footage for the purposes of illustrating the story, themes and style of the proposed documentary
- Filmmakers may submit up to three (3) proposals each.
- All film proposals must be wholly originated by the applicant and cannot have received any funding prior to submission.
- Filmmakers must submit proposals to email@example.com by no later than July 30, 2017.
- Three semi-finalists will be selected, followed by one winner who will receive the opportunity to enter into a development deal with ABFF Films and Lightbox (Fall 2017).
Download and complete entry form & release form below.